As 2016 draws to close it is time to review the year as it is, as it was. Reflecting on life that has been led by me in my Pete-centric universe.
1. What did you do in 2016 that you’d never done before?
Went to my brother’s wedding
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Did you have any Challenges in 2016 and were you successful, and will you have more Challenges for 2017? “Artisan 2016”. Was 3 things, 100days – PASSED, write 4 Non LOLSPaper – FAILED as only one was written also FAILED was the Art project.
Why was this a failure? Well life and work gets in the way of hobbies. Plus I did write a blog post for Openlodge.com, about 20 church news letters. A quick basic website.
But still a failed project year.
2017 – the post describing this challenge is here.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My Sister in Law had a child called Isobel.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
2016 has been a bad year for the departing of Celebrities and Brothers and their family.
5. What countries did you visit?
We have not traveled by plane or boat this year, so we have been nowhere but for this green wet land we call home. Well we did some Haven holiday and bought a caravan!!!
6. What would you like to have in 2017 that you lacked in 2016?
Sleep, the idea of going to bed and not having to get up during the night for a crying Callum would be the most precious thing I could get in 2017
7. What dates from 2016 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
8th November – was installed into the chair of Adoniram
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting through the year with a small amount of sleep.
Writing the Paper on the Apron
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not being able to complete 8 papers this year, as life got in the way.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I changed my religion after short time in hospital, but as the Docs are scared of most things it could have been Big C bad. But it was not
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Carrie the Caravan – so we can have more trips away.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Callum for remaining so happy despite all the coughs colds and shit the world has thrown at him.
Helen for being an awesome Mother and Wife.
Henry for seeming to be settling in at School.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Depressed – US for moaning about their presidential candidates and no its not right we lost. Also Brexit, was disappointed by the result but have moved on. But others can’t and the country got silly.
Look we lost get over it and help make the situation better.
Appalled – The West’s we stand for freedom and peace. But erm Aleppo who?what? Where now?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills and erm more Bills
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
1. Joining as an Associate of the Lodge of Living Stones
2. Seeing my brother get married
16. What song will always remind you of 2016?
Do Let Me Down by the chain smokers featuring Days.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner but still 13stone .. Tis odd
c) richer or poorer? Poorer with more things attacking my wage
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
More correspondence with friends and family. Just stayed in touch more.
I must get better at it.
Oh and Sleep that would have been nice.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Christmas this year is at the mother in laws’ place it was nice !
21. What was your favourite month of 2016?
On reflection November
22. Did you fall in love in 2016?
With the wife
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favourite TV programme?
I have enjoyed:
• Game of thrones
Also watched “Hunting Hitler” he escaped and went to live in Argentina!! What proof?
Proof we not need as there are Nazi symbols and a ruined buildings in the jungle. That’s all the proof we need!!!
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No one – there are more idiots in the world but hate leads to the dark side.
26. What was the best book you read?
The Alchemist’s Secret Book by Scott Mariani and I am on the third book and they have got samey…
I need to rebuild a kindle but need a machine and so we go round the pc roundabout once more.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Nothing ground-breaking – There’s
But seemed to have got in to the PodCasts of Monster Cat… (such a bad Kitty!!!)
28. What did you want and get?
Wanted sleep got … tried, but life has been good.
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
Not really been the Cinema much this year, but Rogue One was well worth it.
It was Star wars does titanic. With a bit of red dwarf thrown in and does question the term Boffin!!
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Erm nope nothing I turned 39 so not much to shout about.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more
Sleep – yes it is a theme here but it’s true, I feel I have been on the tenterhooks all year.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2016?
Can’t be arsed to Shave. Look..
34. What kept you sane?
The voices in my head, and chanting ritual that I was trying to learn.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Difficult this year,
as in Jan I thought Demi Lovato
or Zara Larson
Mercedes Mason always a good bet.
Even Hayley Atwell from Agent Carter and Conviction.
But to be honest I am not sure.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Brexit – as it was referendum year for remaining in the EU and it would appear the country does not agree with me. But oh well.
37. Who did you miss?
Westminster Lodge 7532 as I have now left my post as Tyler and in accordance to the agreement with my wife resigned from the Lodge as it is not fair on all parties.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Sadly no one had been able to replace Callum from the top spot.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2016.
You can survive on little sleep, but don’t overlook how this will affect your productivity!!
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“I need to sleep,
“I need to sleep
Why won’t you let me sleep!”
A very old Pavement song.